Thursday 4 February 2021

Player Character Highlight - Kantif and Corrin

DM: Kantif has recently acquired a retainer/follower/henchman. Below is the 1st interactions:

As Kantif walks around the tombs that the orcs and refugees are hiding in he notices a shady character, trying to stay to himself. Suspicious of him, he walks over to study him closer. Kantif studies him in secret for a good while and feels that there is something familiar about him. Kantif hides some of his gear and walks and sits down next to him, acting like a friendly hunter. The shady character has a brief moment of recognition but quickly composes himself. But Kantif manages to notice this.

Kantif: “Hi there, what’s your name? My name is Thordin. Have I seen you somewhere before? You seem familiar.”

Shady person: “You may have seen me around in Wayberry. I’m a merchant there but I unfortunately had to abandon everything when those monsters attacked. But luckily found this refugee group and followed them here. My name is Corrin by the way.
Kantif can tell that Corrin is lying but if it was if it was any other person they’d believe him. He also senses no negativity from him. He feels something familiar about the way Corrin acts, reminding him of that thief we met in Wayberry and a little bit of himself before he joined the Fellowship. Kantif sighs and decides to relent to him, unhiding his gear which surprises Corrin.

Kantif: “Listen, I know you’re not saying who you’re actually are but I believe you have potential. I’m actually an adventurer and I think we could use someone like you who’s good at talking. Our base is just a 30 minute(?) walk from here so if your interested just let me know. Our party is pretty interesting so I’m sure you’d fit right in.”

Kantif walks away to do other things in the tomb. Corrin stays there and contemplates Kantif’s offer. He thinks about how his life so far hasn’t much meaning or purpose. He then chases after Kantif.

Corrin: “I’d like to join this party of yours. I’m sure I will be very useful.”

Corrin grins as his face slowly shifts to look like Kantif.


No comments:

Post a Comment